We’re proud of the work we’ve done through our Artists-in-Schools Initiative. Take a look at the numbers.
- Program in its third year
- Completed 21 successful Artists-in-Schools residencies to date
- Intensive artists residencies can last up to 14 days in each school
- Participation from four nationally touring teaching artists who are Chatham County residents
- Participation from twelve teaching artists who are Triangle-area residents
- Professional artists in every single elementary school in Chatham County, reaching 382 educators and 2,766 children (in the 2018-2019 school year)
- In 10 years, expand the program to cover the entire county in ALL grades
Enough with the numbers. Artists-in-Schools provides schools access to professional artists and educational enrichment that they could not otherwise afford AND links classroom standards and learning objectives with creative work in a way that makes sense and is useful for teachers, students, and administrators.
Yeah, we think it’s a pretty cool program.
With your help, we can continue to enhance creative education for children throughout Chatham County. Click here to donate now.