Ever wondered what it takes to put on our annual ClydeFEST? – Here’s a little sneak peek:
- At least 150 volunteers
- 500 pieces of found and donated plywood
- A boatload of Sharpie markers
- Saws, for Clyde!
- Approximately 73 bazillion emails
- A whole bunch of cans of donated paint that people mixed and then didn’t love—and paintbrushes to go with them
- Around 50 awesome artists of all stripes—sometimes more!
- 2 big turtles
- At least two sledgehammers for tent-raising
- The good will of the fine folks in Bynum, our Parks and Rec friends, and our buddies at Shakori
- Pick-up trucks for hauling games
- Critters, critters, and more critters
- Beloved, community-minded sponsors
- Somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 hours of volunteer, staff, and community member time!
This year, when you’re watching the kiddos explore the creative process by painting their very own Critter Creation to take home; do thank Clyde and the Critterville Crew for the many hours they spent to make it possible!
Yep, more than anything, it takes people—excellent people—to create the awesomeness that is ClydeFEST. It’s through this community collaboration that, year after year, we can return to the Bynum Ballfield to create a special experience for Chatham County kids—and honor and celebrate our own legendary folk artist, Clyde Jones.
Join us at ClydeFEST this year to see first-hand the magic Clyde and the Critter Crew bring to Critterville and all the young’uns they inspire along the way.
Get your tickets NOW!
Kids under 12: $3; Adults: $7; Kids under 3: Free!
NEW THIS YEAR: Avoid the lines at the front gate!
ClydeFEST is on Saturday, April 5, 2014, 11AM-4PM, Bynum BallField
Rain Date: Sunday, April 6, 1-5PM